Pages

Tuesday 29 April 2014

This week's music


I've been having a bit of a girl power week clearly but I've really been loving Halestorm lately. Lzzy Hale's voice is insane, I saw her a few years ago when she came out and sang You Shook Me All Night Long with Corey Taylor at his acoustic set at Download 2012, and it was awesome. There are some great Halestorm covers in this playlist, including Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, and Daft Punk's Get Lucky. Continuing my girl power trip, I've been getting into Tonight Alive lately, their brilliant new song The Edge is from The Amazing Spider-man 2 soundtrack. Had to throw a bit of Paramore on the playlist, not the biggest fan of the new album but I like two of the singles released from it, Still Into You and Ain't It Fun. Finally, I've been listening to Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! and Four Year Strong, two bands I've been wanting to get into for a while now. The French band Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! made the playlist because their cover of childhood classic All Star by Smash Mouth is brilliant. If you're going to listen to one song on this playlist, make it that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment