Pages

Saturday 5 April 2014

Autumn/Winter 2014-15 Milan picks

Moschino
I am mad for Moschino at the moment. I've always been a fan of Jeremy Scott's playful pop-culture inspired designs, and I adore the way he's blending the iconic staples of the brand with fast-food meets fast-fashion. As Tim Blanks stated for style.com it was like a mutant hybrid of Ronald McDonald and Coco Chanel. It's fun, it's bold, it's consumer culture all over.

Dolce & Gabbana
It came as no surprise to me that I adored this season's Dolce & Gabbana collection. I'm a huge fan of the designing duo and that's not looking to change any time soon. The special thing about Dolce & Gabbana shows are the theatrics, this season is one of my favourite concepts. It was all fairytale, all warrior princess, all playful, all childlike, all mesmerising and nostalgic.

Versace
I chose Versace as one of my top picks because there were so many pieces in this collection that I would wear. I thought the fabrics used were beautiful, and I loved the colours also, especially as they are so new to a Versace collection. Donatella has definitely mixed it up this season using petrol blues and deep reds, and bias cutting. It was pretty, yet military, and always keeping the sexy edge of the brand.

Gucci
Being a sucker for anything Sixties, Gucci had to make my list. I really love this collection, it's simple but effective. Really really beautiful muted pastel colours, AMAZING boots, pretty a-line dresses and fantastic fur coats. The show almost felt like watching a woman in the Sixties going through her day, work, dinner, cocktails. I loved it.

(Images via Vogue UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment