Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Autumn/Winter 2014-15 London picks

Tom Ford
There was so much for me to love about this collection; a simple yet strong colour palette, a sexy sixties vibe, the Jay-Z reference with the sequinned mini-dress football jersey. It was one of the collections that I didn't just appreciate for the cleverness and beauty of design, it was a collection that I actually want to go out and buy.

Mary Katrantzou
One of my favourite things about this collection is the way it differs from past Mary Katrantzou collections. This season Mary stepped away from her digital prints of the pasts and opted instead for embrodiery inspired by symbols and signs. I especially love the navy and burgendy palette and the use of older models Kirsten Owen and Emma Balfour. 

Christopher Kane
This was one hundred percent my favourite Christopher Kane collection to date (seriously I really struggled just choosing four looks to go in this post). Every element was brilliant to me, from the masculine tailored pieces featuring what looked almost like garbage bag hoods and sleeves, to the eccentric Eighties style neon knits, to the incredible fur trimmed jackets, to the gorgeous organza dresses reminiscent of an open book.

Burberry Prorsum
This year's Burberry Prorsum collection really proved to me that Christopher Bailey will forever be one of my favourite designers. The theme of this particular is very different to my personal style, yet I loved it all the same. I thought the colours were absolutely beautiful, I love the layering of the scarfs over the coats and cinched together with a belt, and the hand painted shoes and bags were a great touch.

(Images via Vogue UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment