Pages

Saturday 5 April 2014

Autumn/Winter 2014-15 Paris picks

Alexander McQueen
I always tend to have more love for the more theatrical shows, therefore Alexander McQueen is generally a year by year favourite for me. This season was very Game of Thrones, yet folksy and light. Another sinister fairytale offering from Sarah Burton.

Chanel
Another theatrical show, therefore another winner for me, except the Chanel show was not dramatic or mystical or fantastical, it was satirical, and it was fabulous. The very idea of these incredibly glamorous, modern and fresh women doing their shopping is genius, it actually gave the iconic brand an approachable feel.

Balmain
A fierce, sexy, safari warrior princess is the Balmain girl this season. It was rough, and strong, and perhaps even restricted, but it was all the while sensual in it's military style.

Saint Laurent
So my favourite collection of the entire season hands down was Saint Laurent. It's rare for me to come across a designer and think 'this person is designing for me', but Hedi Slimane does just that. It's rock and roll coolness all over, which was reflected in the front row of the show with the likes of Alex Turner and Miles Kane present. There wasn't one piece in the collection that I wouldn't at least consider wearing, and that's all the way down to the shoes and accessories. I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on this one.

(Images via Vogue UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment